Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 20th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Joeys likes to roll in bushes?

Whenever I take Joey for a walk and he sees a bush - say like a hedge - he will literally throw himself in it and try too roll around in it. I literally need to pull him out sometimes - I dont think hes itchy or he would be rolling around on the floor at home - which hes not.

Next time I will bring my camera so I can film it.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old April 21st, 2006, 12:04 AM
Senior Contributor

HAHA Buster does the same thing -- I thought he was the only one. Only he doesn't roll around but wants to walk along it REALLY close, like he's scratching himself. He gets real annoyed with me when I don't let him.
It grosses me out a bit because I think of all the neighborhood dogs lifting their legs and peeing there

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old April 21st, 2006, 01:17 AM

I've heard that fleas can rest in bushes while they are waiting to find a new host... So I don't let Boo near bushes...

What kind of bushes? Maybe they smell, so he's masking his odor to be a better hunter? (In a weeeeird way)
Old April 21st, 2006, 01:18 AM
-

Since puppydom Ceili has crawled right into hedges, she weaves herself underneath and in between the branches, then plops down with a big ol' grin on her face. Bushes she likes to walk completely into until you can just see her tail then she'll rattle and shake the whole bush - always reminds me of a scene from an Inspector Clousseu (sp?) movie. Declan likes to rub his whole body along the side of cedar hedges and trees - nose to tail, back and forth almost like a fish swimming, all the while smiling to beat the band. Bridie just stands back and rolls her eyes, waiting for the silliness to be over so she can get back to snarfelling the ground for snacks.
Old April 21st, 2006, 08:22 AM
Personal servant to Joey

originally posted by prin =
Quote:
What kind of bushes? Maybe they smell, so he's masking his odor to be a better hunter? (In a weeeeird way)
pretty much any kind of bush - he went it a ceadar hedge the other day - he usually leans on it first - then dives in - the other day he was in the bush I couldnt really see him but could see the bush shaking. The leash was sticking out one end and caught around a root or something, - I had to let go of the leash and call him out - then pull the leash out.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!