Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old January 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Exclamation OLD OTTAWA SOUTH --Missing Grey tabby

We are missing our slim and fit TWO YEAR OLD Domestic Short Haired CAT. He is a GREY TABBY with lots of white markings, including four white paws. He has a very long tail and pointed ears like a Siamese. He is neutered and still has his claws. He is very friendly and curious although he may be timid if he is uncertain. HIS NAME IS WILLOW OR WILLY. He got our of our house on January 10th at 10 pm If you have any information please call Rob or Sue Ellen @613-730-1043. A REWARD will be paid for his safe return

Last edited by suzie115; January 20th, 2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:28 AM

I just sent your information to a friend who lives in Ottawa; she is a groomer so maybe someone will walk into her shop saying they found a cat...
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:28 AM

All help is good help. Thank you

Thanks for that. I am hoping that all the seemingly small things add up to one big success story. There were even groups of kids out on Saturday walking around with the poster looking for Willow. Everyone has been so kind and I hope to post good news in the near future. Here's to the power of positive thinking
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Just remember he has probably been hiding all this time, and likely close by (especially in this weather). Don't abandon those early morning/evening walks, carrying the can of tuna and calling his name. Ask close neighbours to check their sheds and garages.
Positive thoughts coming your way.
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:53 PM
-

I agree with Badger. Fingers crossed for Willy's safe return.
Old January 17th, 2007, 02:39 PM

We're Still Looking

Thanks for the kind words and the good advice. We have taken to going out early in the morning and shaking a can of cat treats to see what we can find. Nothing yet but we delivered more flyers last nightand we got a good tip today. We will check it out and post any news.
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Good luck and don't give up hope, keep plastering those flyers and word of mouth is good too. We had our stray here for a week and then her owners claimed her. Good vibes coming your way
Old January 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM
-

Hope the good tip turns into good news.
Old January 18th, 2007, 01:26 PM

No sign of Willow in that garage!

We had a look in the garage that someone said contained lots of strays, there wasn't even one. Oh well, we will keep looking. I read on one site that once a cat gets confused about where they are (truly lost) they have a hard time finding their way home. Willow may have been picked up or frightened and run a long way from home. We are going to put up more posters further from home and we are putting more flyers in peoples post boxes. I called all the vets last week but I have printed more lost cat posters so I will take one to each of them. A picture is worth a thousand words, or so the saying goes. I am still very hopeful for a good outcome.
Old January 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Exclamation

Jingles for our little Willow!
Old January 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
-

Fingers crossed for Willow's safe return.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 09:51 AM

:confused: Do cats really get taken into university residences?

Someone from our neighbourhood told me a story of a cat being taken from a street in our neighbourhood and brought to live in residence at Carleton University. It didn't last too long, as you may expect, and the cat was given to a family in Kanata. The cat was reconnected with the original owner only because the Kanata owner of the cat was walking through our neighbourhood and saw a sign. Does this kind of thing really happen? Often? I will call the university and see what I can find out but I would expect it would be rare and short-lived. Any suggestions?
Old January 28th, 2007, 02:14 PM
-

Anything is possible IMO. Do you have any updates?
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM

Still Missing despite some good leads

I am sorry to say that we haven't found willow yet. I have had a few calls from people who thought they had seen him and I hope that people will keep doing that. I am hoping that now that the weather is a bit warmer the person who is holding on to him for us may let him out--because of his insistence. We may see something happen in the next little while. I heard a nice story at the humane society the other day. they had a stray come in and be matched with a lost pet in their system and returned to the owner after seven months missing. now that is an inspirational story. I wont give up, he has to be out there somewhere. i sent 50 letters to the vets in and around Ottawa so that may turn up something.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Have you tried to get on the radio? I don't live in Ottawa anymore, but I seem to remember a lively local radio scene. Also University radio stations. If you know how to do it, you could set up a website for Willow (willowcomwhome.com).
A little crazy, perhaps. Full moon today.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
-

Sorry you still have not located Willow. :sad: One of my neighbours was re-united with one of his cats 1 !/2 yrs. later so never give up.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:44 PM

I'll never give up and keep the great ideas coming

A website is a truly inspired idea. I will see what I can do about that. If I can't do it myself perhaps my daughter can. I did see one about a little dog lost in LA. Every action is a positive one, so I will give it a try. As well, I will see if CKCU, the Carleton radio station, would be willing do something about it. maybe a community notice, maybe and interest story. I did put a missing add in the community paper and will try for the same from some other community papers, we'll see how they respond to that request. Another neighbour suggested I write an article for our community paper. I will give that a try for the March edition-February's just arrived today. I have certainly learned a lot about searching. My stick with it ness has been a blessing in this endeavour. Keep thinking good thoughts and the moment the little guy returns I will let people know. On a less positive note, has anyone had to do the search of the city's freezer of animals they pick up. Sounds gruesome but I think I will have to because they don't keep a book of the animals, just the freezer. Sorry to end on a gruesome note and thanks so much for making this a much less lonely experience.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:02 AM

STILL LOOKING for WILLOW but we found another stray

We got a call last night from someone who had seen one of our posters as they were walking home and there was a cat on the sidewalk by the poster meowing. We got our stuff together and went to do the hunt and hopefully a reunion. Instead, we found a young male orange and white cat hiding under a porch and very hungry. (I guess that is the down side of our latest black and white posters-not colour specific). The look of the cat's face was very close to ours but the wrong colour. We had to make a tough decision about what to do. It was -34 (with the wind chill), strong winds and blowing snow. Adding to all of this was the fact that it had just snowed 15cm and the plow crews were working through the night. We asked the owners of the house if it was theirs, as well as the people next door and all of the across the street neighbours. No one owned the cat, so after two hours of this we used the tuna treat to lure the cat into our reach and brought him home for the night. I am checking all of the sights to see if anyone is missing him and then I will take him to the OHS. He is such a nice cat and I couldn't leave him out there for the night. His nose is badly chapped, his paws are hot and read and so are his ears. I know I would have wanted someone to take in my cat on a night like last night. BUT we are still looking for Willow.
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM

Unhappy Just thought I would let people know that Willow is still missing

:sad: Despite our best efforts our little guy is still missing. We have not given up and we are still hopeful that once the weather changes that he may surface. i am still hopeful that someone has just given him a home while the weather has been so cold. Spring has to come..eventually
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
green tea killer

Best of luck to you... I've seen your posters up all over the neighbourhood while I've been posting flyers for our Chocobo. I'll definitely keep an eye out for him - don't give up!
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:50 AM

so sorry to hear about your missing cat

thanks for the post. I will keep an eye open for kitty as we make our rounds. I have been so incredibly moved by the kindness and attention that people have given to our missing kitty. I am still hopeful and I believe that as the weather changes so will our luck--both ours and yours. We will be seeing our pets again! I will check the OHS for you as well. I am checking for a friend already and it is not hard to look for one more. They are good caring people there. Take care.