View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:35 AM

I heard back from Halo re: their guaranteed analysis of phosphorus. At that time I didn't know to ask for the more thorough breakdown to see what the dry matter would be.

Here is what they wrote:

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for visiting our website and caring for the ones we love naturally! If you have not already signed up to receive our Newsletter, please feel free to do so at Halopets.com, to receive the most current coupons and promotions we are offering.

The Phosphorous content for each of the varieties you've requested is below.

Chicken - 0.14%
Turkey - 0.18%
Lamb - 0.18%
Salmon - 0.20%

Please feel free to e-mail or call us at 800-426-4256 anytime with questions or to search for a store in your area. Wishing you and your pets GREAT health!

Halo, Purely for Pets

Seems like Chicken, Turkey, and Lamb are all even lower than the Felidae I found (which I haven't opened yet). Seems okay to me, no? I tried doing the calculation you've included, Growler, but it's too confusing for me.

Quote:
Not necessarily. If they are allowed free roam outside & not just out supervised on a harness they could've been anywhere in your neighbourhood or the next. One may have wandered away from the other.

Lilies are especially nephrotoxic but popular & pretty lots of people putting in gardens. Someone working on their car spills antifreeze - it is very sweet tasting which is attractive to cats. Most people think antifreeze poisoning will only occur in winter but some people do change out antifreeze when they do regular maintance or have a leak. I have heard of some free standing basketball hoops recommending to fill the base with antifreeze so it won't freeze & also for ballist
Marsh and Otis do not roam outside. They've never been "outdoor" cats free to explore past the boundaries of my sight, or out of my immediate sight when we're out in my landlady's garden. When they're out there, I'm out there and most of the time they sit right beside me under the sun and hang. They've been indoor cats all their lives and don't seem to have the urge to escape and do the outdoor cat thing. For the most part they're pretty chill and in fact will go back inside my place before I do. ha. There are also no lilies in my landlady's garden, and I double checked with her last week. Also, I've been living here for three years, same plants bloom every summer...

That's why I'm so confused over the idea of it being toxicity from anything outside my place. There is not much out there that they seem to be interested in and if there is something, they'll munch down in unison and it's usually little sprouts of grass that have come through the cracks in the path coming from the gate. So if it was something Marshall ingested from the garden, Otis would have too and thus Otis should have also become sick. But he's perfectly fine.

If it was ARF then the only thing it could possibly be is the Nair I mentioned from my last post. But I don't want to think about it because it upsets me and I can't go back now. *big sigh*

We've got the follow-up appt tomorrow evening so I will ask for the analysis from the blood tests including urine weight and post them here.

This is our first follow up since the catastrophe and I am crossing my fingers that he is okay. After that, I can concentrate on getting this food issue organized.

As a side note, T/D contains "pork by-products" - I always thought pork was bad for cats?

Thanks again for all the info. I am SO HAPPY I found this forum.

Last edited by OtisIsMyCat; June 29th, 2010 at 07:19 PM.