View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
I just got home from work about an hour ago and all three dogs were sleeping peacefully. I went out in the yard with them for 10 minutes while they did their business. Upon entering, I notice drops of blood all over the floors, Ava shakes her head and now my diningroom looks like a murder scene . The very tip of Ava's ear is bleeding. I can't see any cuts or booboos of any sort. It's just the tip that's bleeding. I've applied pressure for 15 minutes but when I stopped, she shook her head and it started to bleed again. I applied more pressure, she shook, she bled yet again. I called the vet and was told to keep applying pressure and to bring her in if I thought it needed to be bandaged. I tried to bandage it myself but she'll shake which makes it bleed yet once more.

Anybody know what else it is I can do to stop it?
I don't know if this might be the same thing as my cat had, but off and on for about 3 months my cat use to do that, she would shake her head and the blood from the tip of her ear would splatter everywhere, if would dry up for awhile , and then start up again, this went on for about 3 months off and on. So I decided to take her to the vet and she went in for day surgery where they clipped a tiny , tiny little peice shaped like a V , from the tip of her ear, and 1 stitch in it and she has never had a problem with it since. Just thought I would share that with you in case it continues on with ur dog.