View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:26 AM

slight set back with BARF

I've got both my dogs when they were 3 months old, they are now 2 years old and 10 months old.

From day one, I fed them home cooked food, but I switched them to BARF about a month ago. They were used to meaty bones and raw liver before, since I gave them some at least once a week. So it went great at first, then they started eating OK one day, and not the next. Now it seems the bad days have become more frequent than the good ones.

I can't figure out if they're just not hungry, because of the heat, though we've had heat waves before and as long as they ate late at night, when it was cooler, it was not a problem. The funny thing is, that most of the time, if one doesn't eat, the other neither.

Overall, the one who is finicky eats better than the one who use to gulp everything down (the puppy), so not sure what the problem is. The puppy should eat 4 to 6% of his bodyweight, on average, and he is more around 2 to 3%, so I'm afraid he is not getting enough to eat.

Let's not talk about Mr. finicky who doesn't want to eat his fruits/vegetables, or anything with oil on it, or ground meat and yogurt, which he used to go bonkers for

What's up with them?