View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastifflover View Post
Okay, so then is it okay to tell them they are feeding there pets an overpriced bag of filler leave out the part that everyone else seems to realize but you. You can feed your pets a lot better for a lot cheaper.
I doubt most shelters have that much option though, which is part of my point.

a) That I don't think it's fair to slam on people for what they feed their cat if there is no cruelty involved - it just turns them OFF to everything this site might have to say, honestly. The first few replies to a post wondering why IAMS was not on the shelves were basically "good, that stuff is crap anyway". Do you think most people read further after that? The OP might have just wanted a reply to his question and if he'd gotten it might have read more onto the site.

I really don't think the allegations of abuse were put fairly. If someone had wanted to say "In the past they were found to have done this and so I don't support them any more and choose to buy other products" that would be different. But that's not what was said.

b) The shelter I volunteer at has investigated IAMS and feeds IAMS, and they have decided to acknowledge the past transgressions and accept evidence of change as acceptable. If there was evidence of something new going on, I know they would love to hear it. But I doubt they have the resources to spend on other foods right now based on old info that isn't currently going on.