View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:51 PM
Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsdad View Post
I know you're pain, my Bob is a vegetarian. Went through every kibble I could find, from the $20 bags to the $140 bags. Tried the home cooking and that didn't go well either. Finally got a purely vegetarian dog food that did the trick. Have you tried vegetarian dog food?

They normally say that a dog is allergic to a type of protein found in a type of meat. Bob is allergic to Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork, Horse and pretty much everything else. Meat goes in EXPLOSIVE diarrhea comes out.

There is also a VEGAN dog food, give that a try also. Hypoallergenic dog foods didn't work with bob, we still had record projectiles from him.
Wow - your story sounds much like mine! I will certainly keep this in mind because I never know how long it will be on a new food before Bobby reacts to it - could be a month, a week or 2 or more months.

I still haven't heart from the Vet with his test results - I've called them twice and have been waiting all day! This is the frustrating part - waiting.

Bobby is showing improvement though - he and Amber played in the yard this evening for about 30 minutes - running and wrestling - something he hasn't done for a very, very long time!