View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerabe
sorry for the confusion...it was two seperate problems and didn't want to post them in the same thread.

This is the timeline issue.

My cat since I had her always ran out on me. I didn't want her to get pregnant and so I got her fixed (at 5 mo.). A few days after the surgery she ran out, climbed a tree, jumped on the roof and jumped off (her stiches were still in). I thought fixing her would calm her down a bit, but obviously not. Then the day she had her stitches removed, she became very sedetary and I noticed the little bubble with very saggy skin.

Now my kitty seems to do a lot better and the bubble has broken up and feels lumpy( I hope that is a good sign). Sorry that was confusing, I just needed advice about both her behavior and health, I kinda didn't want to intertwine them together just to get more specific answers to each issue. Thank you for your concern. I think I will try and get her a leash and harness....it gives me hope.

Thank you all.
Ahhh! Yes, that does clear things up a lot!!!

Your little kittie's hormones will calm down later, but 3 days after surgery is a little too fast to expect major changes. It's been a couple of months since my pup had her surgery, and I'm still waiting for her to calm down. Don't expect major energy level changes until they're full grown. Actually, if the energy level changes too quickly I'd be concerned something was wrong.

You said the bubble has broken up....does it weep? A weeping wound usually isn't good and she should probably be on antibiotics.

Kneeding and sucking is a pleasurable thing for the cats. If your cat doesn't kneed, then she's not expressing how happy she is. She probably purrs for the first few minutes of kneeding...right?

The sucking is usually a side effect of kneeding. I knew a cat who's nose would run when her tummy was rubbed. I'm not talking just a wet nose, I'm talking "drip drip" kind of running. It was absoulutely hilarious!!!

I hope your kittie is doing better! Post pictures, in the picture forum, when you get a chance!!!!