View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
You could just use the meat portion and save the bone for when you can afford a grinder.
That's what I ended up doing - although I didn't grind the meat in the end, it wouldn't save me much space and apparently my gang loves gnawing on bigger chunks - but I also discovered that if I cut the backs into 3-4 inch pieces and leave out the breast bone completely I can arrange it all in one big flat glass dish for freezing. Ditto for wings, so in the end I managed to squeeze in 4 cut-up chickens (along with all the human food already in the freezer) and there would still be room for little more. When there's a will...

Would feeding beef hearts on regular basis completely eliminate the need for supplementing taurine? (I'm not trying to cut corners here, it's just that giving them as much as possible - of any nutrient - from food rather than pills, powders and whatnot feels somehow closer to "the real thing".)

Thanks for googling stuff for me (oops ), I asked mainly because I'm new to Montreal and still a bit lost when it comes to looking for things. I'll try my health food store then ... and thanks a lot for your help, 14+