View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencell View Post
I've read the book by Elizabeth hodgkins and she says that it's not natural for them to nibble all day, the feasting-fasting is more natural..
I don't know what to think, she must know what's she's talking about....

anyway I've read so much that I don't know what to do anymore...eheheh
The dry seems to be very bad no matter ''how healthy'' it appears to be according to a lot of sources....even Evo has to much carbohydrates compared to wet food...
what to feed, how to feed? it drives me crazy..ehehe
General rule of thumb is a quality canned that used human grade meat, no by products, no wheat, soy or corn, or flour. The meat listed on the can should be specific, such as Chicken, beef, not just "meat".

Here are some of the best canned foods that I feed my cats:

Wellness, grain free
Nature's Variety, Instinct
Organics by Nature
Fromm's 4 star, grain free
Go!, grain free

I do feed a variety because it minimizes the risk if one manufacturer has an issue with their product. Also I make my own homemade raw that I mix with their food and that way I know what they are getting in at least 50% of their food

If you are interested in the technical side of cat nutrition here is an excellent website:

http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm

To me, it really boils down to common sense, cats are carnivores, they require meat and bones to thrive, they are not humans, they are not rabbits. Their digestive tract from their mouth to their colon is made to digest raw meat and bones, not veggies and grains.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey