View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
If you can walk her safely, I would stop them slowly. She'll get used to not going out.

I really am surprised about her wanting to go outside, I would have thought she would have been so relieved to have food, security and shelter she would have wanted to stay inside for a bit.

I find with cats, if you walk them at the same time everyday, they only bother you when they know it's "time" for something. My cats NEVER are walked at night, so when the sun goes down, they never ask to go out.

Good luck!
Wow... Newt is the exact opposite. I find it too difficult to walk her during the day - too much noise and distractions. Kind of ironic for an outdoors cat, but she will come to a dead stop at the slightest unexpected noise (car horn, noisy children nearby). The same goes with visual distractions. So I pretty much have to walk her when it's dark out.

And I suppose she was happy to have food and shelter. She was fine being indoors when she first arrived. I would have the front door open and at first, she wouldn't even go near it. After about a week or so, she would take a quick peek out and walk back in. Eventually, that grew into walking out onto the patio for several minutes, and lead to the current situation now of pleading for walks on most evenings.

BTW, below is the little nursery area I put up for the kittens. Their nest was my sock drawer underneath my bed. I moved it to a spare room once they were big enough to climb out and start exploring - I needed a bit of peace and quiet, and I was also worried about waking up half asleep one day and accidentally stepping on one of them.