View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
I love your photo of him with the dog. A friend's father here used to keep foxes as pets, but they were born in the wild red foxes. Kai seems very content and I agree about dogs. You can't get anything much more feral than our Aussie dingo, yet the aboriginals tamed them and kept them as pets and for hunting. Cats to me seem one step closer than dogs to their wild ancestors.
Thanks! And yes, I actually find domestic cats have a way more ''wild'' behavior than domestic foxes At least Kai and Vixey... (Vixey is the arctic fox).
When you say ''our'' Aussie dingo, do you mean you own a dingo? I have always dreamed of owning one, or at least seeing one. They are fascinating creatures, in my opinion. Around, if not on February 1, 2013, I will get a New Guinea dingo (also known as New Guinea singing dog). Genetically and scientifically, they are not domestic dogs, but they are still registered to CKC. However, they are the rarest canines in the world, with less than 300 individuals existing in the whole world at this very moment.