View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Question? Dermaxx or Metacam- long term?

Okay, most already know about my Ciara's problems and medication she has/is on....I count my blessings, she has been with me for over a year longer than predictions and is doing so..so. Last month Ciara went through a vomiting stage daily, mostly at night when her stomach was empty, she never vomited after eating.
To back step for a moment, I am not posting this under "ask the vet" because I am comfortable with my own vet's advice & have been in constant contact with Dr. Stapler.
Ciara has been on Deramaxx since Febuary of last year and has done well, I give credit to this drug partially for her still being here and pain free...with her recent episode of vomiting and soaking up info from this board I began to question the on going use. Renal failure is a big fear.
I have stopped using Deramaxx...as of today I am starting to use Metacam.
Metacam has only been availible in the states for one year now. Dr. Stapler uses this with her own dogs and she said she is very pleased.
Just to rehash..Ciara is also on Adequan inj.- 1.7 cc i.m bi-monthly and Synovi-MSM Glucosimine granuales 800mg daily.
I would like some feedback on Metacam. I have the website addy but we all know the proof is from experience.
Also note please this is a must in Ciara's case, she needs to have one of these drugs for her well being and to lead a pain free life given her condition.
Thanks again..