Thread: Neoplasene
View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:22 PM

Update

I have uploaded some photos from the first 19 days of treatment.

Treatments occured on:
1. June 20 - "Day 0": Injection of Neoplasene X. These were in the lower 2/3 of the tumor
2. June 24 - "Day 4": Topical application of Neoplasene Salve (Called Sarcoma Salve on your packaging. Not sure if formulation has changed vs. current Neoplasene.)
3. June 27 - "Day 7": Topical application and Injection. Personally, I think the injection on this day was useless as it went into already dying/yellow tissue. Some of it just squirted out of the tumor close to the injection sites as the area was becoming spongy as it deteriorated/liquified. I felt that the upper portion of the tumor (what I call the "ridge") should have been injected to accelerate the process. Dr. Fong disagreed saying he thought that was healthy muscle tissue.
4. July 3 - "Day 13": Topical application of salve. Wound had opened further to expose the lower portion of the "ridge"
5. July 10 - "Day 20": Topical application of salve. Pictures not uploaded yet, but the link below should continue to work as I add more pictures.

If I could turn back the clock, I would have asked to have injections along the perimeter of the entire tumor, not just the lower section. I think from what we've seen thus far for the lower part of the tumor, if the entire tumor was injected, most of the tumor would have been killed and separated by now and we could be in the wound healing process, not having to go through more pain and suffering for our girl. The topical on a tumor this big is just removing the tumor layer by layer.

Please Note: These pictures are not for the faint of heart!! I think they are more graphic than what is in the Clinical Guide you can download from Buck Mountain's site. Maddie's mom can't look at the wound site without feeling nauseous.