View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2007, 02:29 AM

Duffy had her Rabies Vx (skipped the FVRCP this year) a few days ago, had a long talk w/the vet on a variety of topics related to CRF - ratio of calcium-phosphorus, potassium levels, vaccines, food, drinking water, supplements, herbs, the plethora of conflicting info on the web etc Her vet is very glad I have been doing tons of research on my own & becoming more informed - even passing along tidbits of info she wasn't aware of

Since her vx she has been eating a little less during the day & @ dinner time, but did eat all her breakfast Friday morning

Duffy also seems a little more lethargic & seems to be a wee bit drooly - I know that can mean several different things (mouth ulcers/teeth/nausea/just plain old age) so I will be keeping an eye on those things, hopefully it is just a mild vaccine reaction. She did ask to go out for a "hallway walk" tonight & we did, a wee stroll through the halls of the apt bldg silly

I have also booked an appt for a Homeopathic vet consult for the end of the month (earliest available that is convenient & my day off since it's not an emergency) we'll see if that helps I don't want to look back a couple months down the road & think "I wish I had tried that"

So far she is stable, no supplements, medication or fluids necessary right now it continues for a long long time

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying