View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Willing cat servant

Thank you guys! After a few years around you have come across as a group of good people. Balanced. Haven't seen anything cheap drama, reality show like around here and well like I said, good people and animal lovers! The best part
So it's OK to share this mental health issue that also extends to my fur babies now.
I resisted medications for a long time but nothing seemed to help. Even medications didn't for a while. Had to try diff ones... Anyway I have news!
First the crappy part: Ragnar is bonding a lot with me but for now we're at my parents house with 11 cats (all rescues) .Really nice place, yard, gardens but even with all that there are restrictions and that's understandable. So now when I have to leave Ragnar by himself as soon as I bring him from his room or the garden in the house he goes and pees or poops! Right in the middle of the room!
He holds it well at night though. But it seems the more used to be around he gets the more "accidents" we're having with his evacuations.
Now here comes the nice part! My mom has a friend and her brother not ony trained dogs for 30 years but also he's an environmentalist and has studied animal behavior. He's retired but he's going to help me. We start tomorrow morning and I'll mention those issues besides our training goals.
Ragnar has had treatment for a tick transmitted blood infection caught on time, deworming and yesterday he had his first shot that includes 6 diff things. It all went well.
He has gained 9 pounds since I got him around Dec 20th. I got him in relatively good shape still, no skin problem aside from fleas that now are gone with a medication called Bravecta I think. 1 treat like looking pill. Oh and 2 baths :d
Still more shots to go and training to bring out the great dog already in there and also make him an export grade dog ready for Canada LOL

I'll try to focus on good things when crazy thoughts of doom attack me. If his eye's irritated, a little pimple, some smegma and my mind starts spiraling out of control thinking it could be something lethal and remembering what happened to Peanut. I have to find a way to redirect that. Like growler advised. I've been trying, really. And I will continue to.

Pics will come very soon!
So glad to be back.

Last edited by Koteburo; January 7th, 2016 at 11:34 PM.