View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Ailurophile

How funny that Mil's likes cantaloupe, too! I thought Kismet was the only one. It is hands down his favorite treat. I've avoiding eating any since his diagnosis because it would be such a torture. Doesn't matter where he is in the house, as soon as he smells it he is right there by my side marauding for it haha! I've since wondered if the craving for cantaloupe doesn't have something to do with his diabetes. He definitely has a sweet tooth; perhaps they crave sweeter foods when their insulin levels are off?

Thank you for the food recommendations. I like your logic in providing a variety of food. I'm worried that it will be difficult to do that for Kis until we can get him regulated. I would love to switch him now but will wait until I consult with a vet to make sure we can do so safely.

I really appreciate you taking the time to chat with me. I've been so emotional the past few days and overwhelmed by the amount of information out there. I just desperately want to be well-informed and provide Kismet with the very best treatment available!