View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM

Incontinence in dog - Answered by Dr. Lee

My bosses have a 14.5 yr old black lab(spayed) and she became incontinent some time last year. Her vet put her on a drug called Uri-con(they're from the states so I don't know if this drug is in Canada or not). It has helped but she good days and bad days. Bad days are not just a few dribbles or a little puddle but a full blown lake.

Her health for her age is good otherwise(was just at the vet). Anyway my question is for those familiar with homeopathic things. Is there anything that could be given as a supplement that may help and get along with the drug she is on now. I don't know if the dosage of the drug has been increased and I don't believe it's a steroid like some others used for incontinece(I can picture the bottle but can't remember what it said).

She's a wonderful dog with hundreds of people who love her(they own and work/live on an island resort where we work for them so Kellee(dog) gets attention tenfold from everyone, when the guest's email for reservations etc.. they always ask about her. So anything we might be able to suggest to them to make her a little more comfortable would be much appreciated. No one really cares about a wet carpet or anything like that, just would like her to feel a little less embarassed when the uncontrolable accidents happen. I think you know the look you get when a dog has an accident in the house, they just look so mortified, where as we just think oh well things happen.

Sorry this is soo long, she's just such an amazing dog and I can't wait to see her again in a few days( ugg it's been six months since we last saw her, as the resort is only open for six months).