Thread: Black Bear Hunt
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

After re reading Idont want to go in and fix it up in the event someone quotes it, but i will explain what I mean by "us having problems bears here"
The bears born out here and raised by human fearing bears never cause residents grief, well very very rarely, its the city/ town trapped ones that do. People raised out here as well know better than to head into the bush this time of year with out a gun for the sole sake of firing it up if you encounter a bear. This is why they are afraid of us still.
In the past 12 years living in the bush I have never had a negative encounter with a bear, we had one at the last place we lived who hung around most likly because of the horses sweet feed, it kept its distance and was in no way a problem. I even had started a thread here about said bear back in the day.
Out here problem bears are bears who kill young livestock and destroy grain fields. A farmer can legally kill a bear that is threatening its livestock or livelyhood. The under ground spring kill is not legal however.