View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:42 PM

hey and thanks for the reply!

Willow is already spayed, yes. Her previous owner agreed to have her spayed for me, being able to give Willow a good home. As for introductions I never thought to take anything in steps as such. I just let Willow take her time coming out of the carrier/ kept Scully at a safe distance. I live In Halifax, NS. I've been checking a few veterinarians in the area and most everyone seems to be in the $300 range for a spay including IV therapy which most vets strongly encourage. I'd love to pay less for it (naturally)if anyone reading this knows of anything in my area.

Since I first posted I've been watching Willow and Scully more closely. Willow plays a little aggressively, but is very affectionate towards Scully as well, which I think is quite a common mood about young cats? Scully seems to become overwhelmed by Willow in which case she she growls or hisses and runs away. I think maybe I've rushed things for them? Her ears are not quite flat when shes doing this crying-purring thing, just slightly lowered.

My biggest worry with the difference in their size. Willow is a tall lanky sort, and poly dactyl, while Scully is very small and lost one of her back legs shortly after she was born. I feel like Scully is at a bit of a disadvantage, and might get hurt, but it's likely I am worrying a little too much?

Right now the two of them are sharing the rug beside me, sound asleep. A good sign.