Thread: hubby's dr appt
View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanne View Post
Glad to hear the good news!
What percent renal function does he have now? Does he have symptoms? What meds is he on?
He is at about 7% function at the moment. all his symptoms atm are basically internally. his parathyroid glands is acting up due to his kidney failure. he's holding water. his blood pressure is controlled by meds. some of his levels are not normal like his potassium level and his phosphorus level as well. plus a few more things. he's on like 12 meds lol. two i think for high blood pressure. one to help his parathyroid glands a water pill and others i can't think off the top of my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
MMW, I'm so sorry
I must have missed the post where you originally said he was having kidney failure. You are both in my thoughts and ers! I hope he can stay well long enough to hold off on the dialysis for at least a few more months! to you both!
its ok rgeurts thanks for your thoughts and prayers. he's been in kidney failure for almost two years. they first thought he be on dialysis within months of finding it out cause he had such a fast deterioration. but he listens to the dr takes his meds and eats a diet so far he's been at stage five for almost a year. he will need dialysis and a transplant but now we don't know when.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007