View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon W View Post
Strong powerful breeds strive to perform and impress those around them specially within their "pack" and show a ton of affection for those that provide and nurture their well being and need for structure.They will always do the most they can to help their pack no matter what.
Brandon, ACDs are more assertive, more aggressive, probably more protective, less likely to befriend a stranger than a pb, only less formidable ( it might seem to people) due to lack of size/bulk and biting power, which is probably the only reason they've avoided the spotlight that pb's have on them. (although I think some towns in the States may have banned them.)I've had them for 35 years, I think my little pack got to 7 at one stage, so I do know a bit about how packs behave. Having read so much about pb's here I think now that it's bad owners, not bad dogs that is the problem. Never mind, people should lighten up. If an article can make someone laugh instead of think badly about a pb, this is not a bad thing. I'd far rather myself have a big slobbery/smiley dog coming at me than another person's cattle dog with that look in his eye.