View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:04 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon W View Post
....Sad part is this shih tzsu tht you are defending, will probably still be able to live after this incident.
I hope I misunderstand you Brandon. I've never heard Shay, or anyone else on this board in recent YEARS advocating that a pitbull be euthanized for involvement in a similar situation. And, it grieves me greatly to hear you think it to be "sad" that any dog, regardless of breed, would be able to continue to live after being involved in a similar situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon W View Post
WE are not saying kill all shih tzus we are trying to bring light on the situation of the bsl..... A pitbull wouldnt no questions asked....so please please dont think for a second we are trying to degrade a specific breed.
I personally found the ban and kill comments "making light" to be in extremely poor taste, offensive actually. I don't think anyone of us, particularly those of us involved in rescue and / or in BSL work need to attack or denigrate other breeds. And that was certainly what I read in several of the posts. What we do need to do is educate ourselves and each other AND Fatima Q. Public about animal behaviour.

Last edited by Pike; April 21st, 2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Removed original quote per edit of post.