View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgrrl View Post
Does anyone have an special way they've memorialized their furbaby? I want to do something very special for my girl.

And how does one cope with the loss? I can't sleep or eat. I'm even having a hard time doing simple things like walking our other girl - we always walked both together and our hands felt so empty, so we took turns holding the leash. I know she and the kitties now need me the most as their little hearts are breaking too. I'm even afraid to laugh at their silly little antics as I feel I am betraying and dishonouring my Kiila.

This is so hard and so unfair :'(
Budgrrl, I;m so very sorry. It took Shaun and I quite some time to get over the loss of Thorin. And honestly, I don't thik we'll ever be "over" it. One thing that really helped for both us and Nookie was Ignatia. Nookies vet recommended it for him, and us(he had a seizure the day after Thorin passed and wouldn't even look at us... I'm sure he thought we killed him). Ignatia is a homeopathic remedy for acute grief/loss, and it does help to dull it a bit. You can get it at most any health food or vitamin store. They come in a small purple vial and the strength would be 30CC. You want to take 5 pellets 3-4 times a day. As for doing something special, we have Thorins ashes on our mantel under a portrait of him that my dad had made for us one year for Christmas. Then this year, I had one of my favorite pictures of him made into a large canvas which is also on the wall now

Big hugs to you. The pain eventually dull, but she will always be with you

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012