View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
budgrrl, I am so sorry for what you and Kiila are going through. I know it's not an easy decision. If you went ahead with surgery, how much longer do you think you would have with Kiila? I know there are several people on the board here who have dealt with cancer in their dogs, I have been fortunate not to face that issue so far. I did however lose my14 year old girl a year ago to arthritis and old age. I know with her, and with the sweet girl we still have (who is 12) I would not go to extreme lengths just to gain a few more months. I would cherish the time I have with them and keep them comfortable and pain free as long as I could. I truly hope someone with experience in your issue can give you some solid advice, all I can say is trust your heart to do what you feel is right for Kiila. Stay strong and enjoy the time you can.
I lost my dog to cancer and force feeding would had be horrible for my dog because he could not keep his food down. He vomit it right back up . The cancer was too far spread to save my dog , he was peeing blood , the snow turned bright red when he peed. And his arthritis was getting so bad he had trouble walking. He was only 11 yo .
I am really sorry to heard that budgrrl dog has cancer .