View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2007, 09:16 AM

I sent an email to Wellness a few days ago telling them although they advise on their site that their food has not been affected by the recent recall, they're not being honest to the consumer with regards to their use of Menu Foods. I also said for the consumers sake and the integrity of their company, they should be very honest and straight forward with their use or non-use of Menu Foods, especially on their site.

I recieved this email back today:

Dear Dianne,

Menu does make some of our canned cat and canned dog foods. They make OUR recipes according to OUR quality standards.

We have procedures in place to clean between each run of food that is produced. We also inspect the plant regularly to audit their procedures. Since we take our quality very seriously we go above and beyond what is expected in the industry. We are happy to tell you that we require our facilities to pass an audit by Cook & Thurber, a HUMAN FOOD auditing firm. They have a great website that explains what they do and their strict requirements. They can be found at www.cookandthurber.com

If you have any further questions you can contact us on our Consumer Affairs line at (800) 225-0904.

I hope this puts a few people at ease that are using Wellness. I have to admit, I'm not too worried, but the fact remains Wellness doesn't agree with Sprocket at the moment.

Dianne

Last edited by Tazette; March 29th, 2007 at 09:35 AM.