View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2006, 03:24 AM
The demons' servant

Ooooh lots of good ideas...keep 'em coming!

Oh right fruit and veggies....ummm

- Carrot sticks (can't stand them mushy after being cooked) with lots and lots of dressing/dip...actually its more like dip with my carrots...
- Lettuce with lots of dressing
- Apples...I think it was the Granny Smith that I didn't really like a whole lot but I like most of the others (mmmm Mcintosh)
- Mushrooms...from a can preferably and cooked....none of this stuff they call fresh...
- Canned beets...I remember eating some of those as a kid but I know that I wouldn't be able to finish the entire can of it anymore...I only had one or two slices in the first place

Again spinach does nasty things to my body. I think its the high iron levels in it actually. But it doesn't make sense either because I can have the spinach-pasta and I get the same reaction. Eh something else to test for in September.

Cheese

- Cheddar, Parmesan (*drool*), Mozzarella, Marble, White Cheddar (I swear they do taste different!)...umm not sure what else I've had...the ex used to make this really good cheese sauce to put over pasta but I never got the recipe off him and I really regret it. It was really simple too had something like four ingredients or something...flour, milk, cheese and something else...for the life of me I can't remember it (if it existed)...water perhaps?

***random side note: Has anyone heard of Beer Cheese or Wine Cheese? They used to make it and you could find it anywhere but I can't find it anymore. It might not be called that anymore though...Both were orange cheeses with green spots (wine) and red spots (beer) and they were really really really good. Bloody addictive too.

Ewww reheated grilled cheese...*shudders*

Oh and by steak I meant the 10 oz steak that you get at restaurants/fry up yourself. That definately won't happen but shredded steak...hmm wonder if that tastes any good.

Oh I also like Genoa Salami...just not in sandwiches...not a sandwich person really...I just can't stand having the bulk of my sandwich get pulled out while I'm trying to take a bite...

Oh and wraps too...fajitas are good (but only on the Old El Paso kind of tortillas) and I enjoy eating those too...they just never stay closed...lol

Oh I do like rice....not sure if I've really had rice noodles...OH and I really liked the Chicken Teriaki from one of those Japanese places in malls and such...its really good...I shall have to look up a recipe for it...

I'll have to go buy/borrow/steal from the parents a cooler for lunches and maybe even a lunch bag...hmmm now there's an idea

Megan

P.S. I have only JUST realised that I'm actually *trying* to eat healthy this year...or healthier anyway...I think I could be *gasp* growing up! I should probably mention that most of my high school years have been spent eating Smarties/M&Ms/candy for lunch...make more sense now?