View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:44 PM

Yes, Timber had some of my chicken sausage and toast with liver pate even though she won't touch any chicken or liver that I make for her. I'm thinking she likes things with spices that disguises the smell of the meat? If that is the case I may end up buying her some hot dogs. I know that is not healthy but some "all beefs" would give her a little iron maybe?

I was also wondering if the Imuran is decreasing the red cells but not sure why it would increase the platelets at the same time???

I think the trouble is the vet does not know. It didn't seem like she thought the platelets going up a good sign since the RBC were low and the WBC were high? I don't know what a normal RBC is? I think we started out at 4.8 or 5. Apparently Timber was a little low 2 years ago with the RBC so when she was slightly anemic it wasn't a big issue. I'm not sure what a normal WBC count is either. I know the only time the WBC count went down a little was when we were on the metronidazole antibiotic. After that we switched to Baytril and now WBC is high but I'd have to get another test to see what the doxycycline is doing.

The results should be sent to the internist as well so I'd be interested to get her opinion.

However, at this point, I feel it has been long enough and she continues to get worse in some respects so I don't know if I'm right to get her off the meds or not but that's the thing -- no one seems to know. If they suspect cancer now but they also want me to continue meds, I just don't feel comfortable with it anymore. Why didn't I go to medical school?