View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:01 AM

She spoke to me today and told me that she is really working on not yelling at or hitting the dog for doing something wrong, but everyone else in my family who live at home with the dog have seen her as the "punisher" if he does something wrong, so I want to pass along how she can let the dog know that he's done something wrong without the abuse. We do have a crate but he sees that as the punishment spot and he growls and barks when he goes in there because we used to put him in there when he got in trouble. Can anybody tell me how we can discipline him. I know we need to praise good behavior but how do we discourage bad behavior?

(The dog is overly protective as well. I'm not trying to make my mom sound really bad. She doesn't hit him all the time, but he lashes out at her because everyone leaves it to her to punish him, and she doesn't know how to do it. She thinks the spank will discourage him but all it's doing is making him aggressive towards her. She would go to hug my sister and he would freak out at her. He has been showing aggressive tendancies for a while now, but I havn't known where to go for help. I have spoken to everyone and they want to see results and better nicer behavior, we just need to know how to go about getting that behavior to come out)