View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Hey Pipercats! Thanks for replying!

Yep - I now know the secret.....I called Wysong yesterday and learned that the small white sticker (like a price tag) on the front of the bag uses a six digit code indicating the date of MANUFACTURE (Y/M/D)...Wysong recommends that the product be used within one year from that date.

I had received some samples from the Canadian distributor (Natural Pet Distributors) and proceeded to "get into" them on the weekend...a search of the packaging for a lot # and BB date showed nothing imprinted on the bags - just a six digit number on a sticker...while it seemed a possible date code, my concern was that it was a BB code - in my case June 15/10 - this prompted my post last Saturday. Anyways....that's resolved now.

(If any Canadian responded to the offer of free samples, they should know that those requests were ignored by Wysong USA - not as much as acknowleged nor passed along to a Canadian distributor [great customer service, eh?], and to obtain a sample people need to contact a Canadian distributor (Natural Pet in eastern Canada).

My gang are extraordinarily enthusiastic over Epigen. I'm currently using Orijen and for a number of reasons (zero carbs and better price for two) I'm exploring a supply line for it. Problem one is that here, on "the rock" nobody deals with the distributor I've mentioned and, so far it seems that shipping costs may make it prohibitted...we'll see....

BTW - and, perhaps this deserves a separate thread....there's ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE ON ORIJEN effective yesterday (already overpriced IMO) (and OVER RATED!)