View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Thank you everyone soo much! I appreciate the comments and we can use all the prayers and pawsitive thoughts you can send.

Rguerts thank you for letting me know that. If it is that then I will have to look at changing it. Winston is a funny dog with food changes and they dont usually go very well but we will do what we have to do! What brand did you feed in the Salmon ? Winston has been on Orijen for years now and he does great on it but I am sure it is way too high in Carbs if thats the case.

I just need to know what I am dealing with and then I can deal with it, its the unknown that drives me crazy because I want instant results!

Cindy
Hopefully this will all be a moot point and the diagnosis is not cancer! But, if it does turn out to be, I feed the boys fresh wild pink salmon. I use The Honest Kitchen pre-mix base (dehydrated veggies, coconut, vitamins, minerals etc). It's SO easy. All you do is add water to rehydrate it then mix whatever protein source you want in it. I use cooked ground beef, wild pink salmon and liver. For the salmon it has to be wild caught. The farm raised have ethoxyquin. The best is sockeye because it has the lowest levels of mercury, but I just can't afford the sockeye. It's $12.00+ per pound
I get the wild pink salmon when it's on sale. I have been paying between .39 and .59 per 100 grams

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012