View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacer View Post
Although, he's very stubborn and very educated about vegan diets and truly believes it will do no harm to a cat, so I'm not holding out hope for the cat to eat meat ever again.
Ugh. This makes me sad and mad. Perhaps he'll listen to the advice from this vegetarian website, on why cats should NOT be forcefully indoctrinated into someone else's agenda. I'm a vegetarian myself and can kinda understand where this misguided ideal comes from, but this guy should not have a cat if he feels so strongly about this issue. It would be better if he found another more appropriate home for him.

Quote:
For all these reasons cats must not be fed vegetarian or vegan diet. Cats have very specific nutritional needs which you must meet if you want to keep them fit, healthy, and happy.

You might have to make some hard choices as this is a question of life and death for your cat. It might be impractical or impossible to let your cat hunt, but killing your cat by feeding it food they cannot digest is just another way to participate in animal cruelty that we’re trying to avoid in the first place.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler