View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:01 PM

This sounds like something simlar to what my parents' cat experienced. It began with bladder infections and they tried many different things. She also had blood in her urine and it was pretty scary. The thing that finally worked for her was a holistic treatment mixed with a diet of urinary-SO canned food. Many brands make it, but I like Wellness. She gets half of a small can of Wellness in the evening with 8 drops of Kindey-X in it. It's a natural kindey health promoter. She also gets some cranberry powder in her food once a week and one capsul of hydrangea every other day. We just open the capsule and mix the powder in with the food. She also gets dry food in the morning with the Kidney-X in it (8 drops) and some water. They mix some water with all her food, even the canned food because she doesn't drink very much and it helps her get more moisture. This is the website that my mom uses. It is full of info.

http://creaturecomfort.com/

My parents' cat was not in such a stage of kidney failure, and this may be more of a prevention method than a treatment, but it seemed to work for them. So perhaps if you find a treatment that works and you want to take preventative measures afterwards, this could be helpful because it helps prevent both bladder and kidney issues.