View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2019, 09:15 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Trapping feral cats - releasing them - advice?

Hi Everyone,

We have 4 Ferals in our backyard that I think got left behind in July's move. (It's a problem in Montreal...because 85% of all residential leases end in July and when new places don't accept pets....some people feel leaving their pets outdoors is a brilliant solution.)

We have been using the SPCA's traps and have 2 of 4 (so far) spayed/neutered.

Any advice for letting them back out...or advice in general.
(After the surgery we have a small room where they can recover for 24 hours...and then we plan to release them) The SPCA says the one they neutered (that's recovering now in our basement) is still too wild (because he's not into being petted...basically they are looking for cuddly cats) and won't place him for adoption. I suspect the same for the other 3. The one we have now is 5 years old. He looks so young..... seems gentle but afraid.....he might also be missing his sibling which we expect to trap and neuter/spay in the next few days.

This morning when we opened the door for him to leave....he just wanted to still hang out in his cage...yup that's where we are.

Any advice is appreciated - thx!
Attached Images

Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter