View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

We appreciate the comments and please keep them coming.

Legally all websites owners are responsible for the content on them even with a disclaimer. Members can choose to roll eyes at our legal concerns, but ONLY ADMINS pay the legal bills when they come - NOT members. We will not air past legal troubles - but have had several. Unless you've been sued - and especially if you have been sued for something that you didn't do but are still responsible for...only then can you understand why we need to take these matters so seriously. We want the board to be open forever. In general our experience with lawyers has shown that they are not friendly and not fun to deal with.

I would just like to also add that Mods volunteer their services to this board for free - and do a fantastic job. They deserve loads of respect because it's a hard job, often thankless. There IS A LOT of passion on this board, a lot to moderate, and lots of grey areas. Mods use the best judgement they have to make their decisions. Their decisions are NOT AGAINST individual members. Their goal, like the ADMINS' goal is helping pet owners by having one of the best pet community information websites on the Net.

Thanks all,

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter