View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:15 AM
~Cat Servent~

Ok first of all, those poor kitties are homeless, fighting for food and forced to defend themselves against all kinds of animals (including the human kind), so the fact that they would attack a bounding and excited puppy is not that big of a shocker. Although sweet to you, that would be terrifying to them. I also had a huge problem with strays that people just 'left behind' at my old building and I was the lady who was feeding them. The lady that was feeding them has unwittingly made them dependant on her for food... so they may be very confused and angry that she just stopped suddenly. If indeed these used to be companion cats they need to be trapped by a reputable rescue group and fostered long enough to trust again and then rehomed.

I'm sorry your poor puppy got it's nose hurt. Puppies are just naturally curious and he just wanted to make friends. But those poor little kitties are just hungry, scared and confused as to why they are now fending for themselves. Please try and contact a rescue group in your area and help those kitties...left alone the problem will only get worse, if they are unspayed or neutered later this spring you will have many many more.

I know it seems a lot and you feel the victim right now, but as a human these kitties are our responsibility, and also deserve a loving home just like your little puppy. I hope he recovers quickly and that those kitties get some help soon.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M