View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Driver8 - If you insist on insisting that "we" are not listening please read the following which I posted in your other thread at 11:12 pm Sept 13, post #35. You seem to have skimmed over it and picked out one part you didn't like and responded to it. If you notice - I bolded it for you here - I gave you a "healthier alternative" for a dry cat food that costs less per feeding than your little bag of Iams. It is the 20 pound bag of food from Costco which averages between $13.99 to $14.99. Price per feeding would work out considerably less for that than feeding the tiny bag of Iams @ what? 12.99 a bag? I think that is what it is sold for in the store I work in.

BUT - with the help of this forum and a lot of reading and educating myself as to what is good/bad for my cats I know dry foods filled with grain/corn and tons of by products are only harming my cats. My cats go through close to 300 cans of food a week. That would be a mix of the cheaper foods, some Fancy Feasts, Performatrin Ultra, Wellness, and other good foods if I can find good deals on it. They get a small amount of dry to supplement but I make sure it is the best dry I can afford. I chose ones that do not have grain or corn in them. If you must feed dry then Kirkland brand from Costco is a better choice for people on a budget. The first ingredients in it is chicken. Not by products of chicken. Chicken. Not grain or corn. Even if you don't have a membership I would bet lots of your friends do and would be willing to pick up a bag. Please make sure your cat(s) always have plenty of fresh water available to them as they will be chronically dehydrated.
Perfect - thanks for posting this here.
How many cats do you have, to go through that many cans??

Now I have to see if I know anyone with a costco membership to price out the cat foods there.....