Thread: Bryant
View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor

He dismounted to confront Bryant, but he definitely wasn't running beside his car if the pedals in the picture I saw are the ones I think they are. I've got the same style for my road bike, and it's hard enough to walk, let alone run in them.

It seems to depend on who's account you read as to where to lay blame. This one paints him less like a victim than the Star (you know, the Liberal Propaganda newspaper?)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1272593/
I'm inclined to believe that Bryant acted like an arrogant DB (not too much of a stretch, ya think?), Sheppard (the cyclist) then puffed up his chest and raged on Bryant, and Bryant finished it by deliberately ramming Sheppard into the mail box. I'm of the opinion that if the car went to the other side of the road because of Sheppard, it wouldn't have driving along the side, or avoided hitting anything beyond the man hanging off the side. I think if it was due to Sheppard, the car would have hit a pole or something, or he would have been knocked off with the first impact and the car would swerve back across as Bryant regained control.

At the end of the day, I'm trying not to come to any definitive conclusions until everything comes out. Check that--I have come to one conclusion. Two people acted like idiots, and because of that, one died. I don't think either is blameless, we just have yet to see where to lay the blame. Oh, and while I hope Bryant sees proper justice (prosecuted if guilty, lesser charges if not), I do hope he spends many, many nights sleepless, and loses his career over it.