View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM

Worried about my dog

Hi there,
This is my first time using this website. I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right place or not :S I have a one year old dog. She is half chiuaua, half yorkie. Two days ago she was sitting on my lap, and she started shaking, but it was as though she was scratching herself. I couldn't exactly see her because a blanket was blocking my view. So I went on thinking she was scratching herself, until she poked her head out of the blanket. Right away I knew there was something wrong. Her tongue was sticking out, she tried to get off the couch, but she fell. Her hind legs were not working, and she was off balance and disoriented. I was terrified. I rushed her to the vet, she was much better by the time the doctor got to see her. From what I described, the vet told me it sounded like she had had a seizure.
They ran a blood test right away (so within 45 min to an hour of the incident), and everything seemed normal. The vet decided that she had not systemic problems.
Now she hasn't had any seizures since. She acts normal, eats fine, and pees/poos regularly. She is very playful. I don't know if I'm just obsessing with her behavioure or what, but it seems like she drinks water more than usual, and yawns a lot.
If anybody has any advice, comments, or suggestions, it wold be great if you could share them with me.
Thank you for your time !!