View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
:sad: sorry to hear about your son & the issues with Macky :sad:

I hope you have friends w/dogs that Mike can play with & that you take Mike to the park so he can interact with happy friendly dogs & not develop a complete fear of all dogs

Oh, first...Mike is now 17 years old, our other son Rob is 15. Second, we have two female German Shepherds who are "biological" sisters. There were 10 in the litter and we took 2 of them. Their names are Nellie and Shadow and they were born on April 15, 2002 so they'll be turning 6 in April and Snoppy will be 11 in May.

We adopted Snoopy in February 1998 when he was 9 months old. So he was "king of the house" until we brought "my girls" home at the age of 8 weeks at the end of June 2002. My girls are extremely spoiled and are the biggest babies you'll ever meet. Their temperments are very, very docile and they are very loving. Nellie firmly believes that ANYONE who visits our house is here for the sole purpose to visit HER and to spend their entire time patting HER, period, end of story! lol Shadow is a little more the type who'll hang back for a few minutes, check you out, ALLOW YOU to pat her, then goes and lays down. Nellie on the other hand, sits beside you constantly unless I make her leave the person alone.

Both girls have their "own couches" in our living room for daytime hours. Nellie sleeps with Mike at night and Shadow sleeps with my husband and I and old Snoopy sleeps with Rob.

My girls are with me inside the house 24/7. Wherever I am, you'll find my girls. Being housebound now for the past 4 years, I don't know what I'd do without them. I absolutely LOVE MY GIRLS!!!!

Nellie was diagnosed with Grade 4 hip dysplasia Jan. 10, 2006. She had also suffered from panosteitis or long bone when she was young. Shadow has no problems.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I said earlier. I was just letting people know how we came to get Snoopy in the first place since I'm so deathly allergic to cats.