View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Slave to Dogs and 1 Angel

Chewy is an American Staffordshire Terrier cross, he was quite a handful for the first five minutes. Almost as bad as Spencer on his worst behavior. Once he settled down, he was pretty easy to walk. He would still pull a lot of the time though and is strong so I can see him being a problem to walk for some of the other volunteers. Also he was an one dog liquid poo producing machine tonight. No blood or anything so I am not worried, just didn't give him any treats. He is a pretty smart boy, knows sit and down. Will do them even without treats provided he is paying attention. Walking pass a park with some children playing catch, it was pretty funny watching him being mesmerised by the yellow ball. His head kept going this way then that way following it. Wanted to run after it as well when they dropped it. Near the end of out walk, we encountered this lady who had been weeding her garden and she had all these really pungent smelling weed in this little red wagon that she was pulling along. Chewy decided that he needed to have a good sniff of that and got his nose right into them. That wasn't enough so he just had to climb into the wagon as well. After a while he decided he could best help this nice lady by emptying her wagon for her and proceeded to pick up the bunches of weed in his mouth and deposit them all over the sidewalk. Got chatting to her and complimented me on Chewy having really nice markings. I told her that I am only a volunteer with the SPCA and she mentioned that that was where she got her dog from. It was pretty cool. After Chewy decided he had enough, I picked up everything that he had made a mess of and placed the stuff back into the lady's wagon.

Last edited by Scuba; May 26th, 2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Spelling