View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM

orijen problems

i used to feed my dog orijen until i found out about all the problem they have. First of all it is too many calories and will make a lot of dogs be fat, have soft stool or have gaz. Not all, but a if you do the ratio, more dogs have problems going on it than any other holistic dog food. My holistic vet told me. He deals with all these brands.

You have to watch out for large breed dogs, especially in pups. Too much protien. I know what everyone is going to say, but it is true. These companies all pride themselves of as being as close to feeding RAW food (which is the best by the way). Not even RAW diet has that much protien or fat. Check it out for yourself. Only working or highly active dogs should be on it.

Regional red uses PORK in its diet and sell for so expensive for about the same money by EVO RED MEAT much better ingredients. Or for less money and a bit less protien 32% use Taste of the Wild Bison.

Orijen is a 4 year old brand and they have been playing with the ingredients even with ACANA. They have changed the ingredients 3 time up to now without telling anyone. Also how about the whole Australia thing, they never gave a clear answer of what happend. I mean they tried to excuse themselves, but I question their excuse. Don't other brands go their going through the same process, I didn't hear thier brands killing animals. Also check out what they replied to this store owner who found bones that looked like magets in the food. http://www.dogforums.com/5-dog-food-...ease-read.html

or how about the problems they are constantly having http://itchmoforums.com/your-problem...o-t9873.0.html

My problem with them is that they are unreliable and the never apologize for their mistakes, just make excuses.

I just heard that they got sold to a big company now and might change the ingredients again. Not sure yet, but just heads up.