View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Learning fast

If you have use of the 400 acres opposite what difference does it make, jsut ask if you can put a fence up as a dog run over the road. You con't go wrong UNLESS, make sure it's not likely to drop into the lake making your next door neighbours the next lakeshore property. Also 1/2 mile is a lot of snow clearing but with a cab on tractor and a 6ft blower you will be done in less than 30 minutes, it takes me 15 to clear 1/4 mile drive and it's not everyday, we used to park near the road and snowmobile to the temp garage untill the snowmobile became unreliable. Will you have enough room for the chickens and the moo cow?. The place your at the moment seems like a loss to start, the stress with jsut moving is huge, add that to a rebuild? do you really need that. You MAY end up with a house worth much more in an area not as desirable and have a lot of land, but it's unlikely they will develop IN the lake so your pretty assured no further building will be going on around you. I don't think it is so clear cut, have a look around just to make sure your bargin is what you think it is. We looked at 6 different places, the original house we drove past that was for sale that made us think we should think about buying never managed to get on the short list for a visit, infact after looking around it didn't even come close. So maybe if you look at some another places and your still set then make your decission. Personally after spending 10 years perfecting our first house and then restarting on a rented property, I wanted to move into a place where I wouldn't have to smell paint for at least a year. You'll be smalling more than paint with a rebuild, there will be dust, water, stale smells and stress and dissruption for a LONG time. I'm to old for all that already.