Thread: Dementia
View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Dementia

Anyboody ever deal with this? I'm starting to wonder if it isn't starting to affect Coco. I have no idea how old he is, I know he's definately a senior kitty. I'm guessing probably now around 18!!

Anyway he's starting to show some of the signs of it. Very restless at night until everybody goes to bed then he can settle down. A bit of pooping outside the litter box. He's not constipated, but caught him on my bed last night. It's almost like he goes in the room with the litter boxes, forgets what he went in there for and then gets caught short in another room. Now on the other hand his appetite is excellent, never misses a meal! He can still jump up on the counter for goodies and the dryer to go to sleep. He still plays, not often but he loves to play with light.

I'm going to get another litter box to put in my room, just in case he gets caught again. (And take out shares in Nature's Miracle!!) I'm not sure if there's medication but I don't know if I'd want to use it, seems llike alot of these drugs have tons of side effects that I don't know are worth the risk. He's still a very lovey kitty, gets grumpy with Noella but then I can't blame him, since she likes to tackle him every now and then.

I want to take him to the vet for a check-up but I'll wait till the weather warms up a bit. Now of course if something drastic changes I'd be hauling him off alot sooner!!