View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
so IMO if I have more control when she is on the halti I will have to contue to use it.
I agree Breeze. The techniques sound great, but for me, I will continue with the Halti Hunter knows when he can have control and even though he is mostly good, the chance is still there that he may pull. Because he is 90-95 pounds and I am 95-100 pounds, I don't want to take the chance in him pulling me, and I can't stop him from pulling, he knows he is stronger than I am.

When my man has him on leash with a collar, he don't pull too bad. When the leash is transferred to my hand, as soon as Hunter realizes, he will pull, for no other reason than because he can.

But with the Halti on, he is the perfect gentleman. I can even let the leash go, and he listens.

The suggestions are all great though, for my next dog, I will start out with them. Atleast with a young dog I can still be stronger