View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Sorry you are going through this mischa91.

can you describe any additional symptoms - it will help.

- Is the cat still eating, pooping, and behaving normally (except for the vomiting). If the answer is no, then since when.
She's a bit more needy than she normally is, i mean she is definitely an attention getter but the past few days i can tell she doesn't feel good, she wants cuddles and such. I can't be sure about the pooping, having 2 cats it's hard to tell who's poop is who's but i haven't noticed a decline. This past weekend i did take a way one of the litter boxes; i recently bought a very large one to accommodate my bigger cats need to stand to pee so i could stop him missing the box and since i've seen them both use the bigger box i figured it would be fine to take the smaller one away. I put it back last night in case she was missing 'her box' you know.

She didn't want to eat yesterday but seemed to want to today; normally when she has bouts of sickness i give her baby food, mostly squash variety which she loves. I take her off her wet food and giver her the baby food for a few days then reintroduce food with baby food mixed in and then back to wet food. She very rarely gets dried food because i did notice she vomited more on the dry.

...who is they - other vets?

'they' are other vets. When she was younger the vomiting scared me a lot, having never had a cat before and noticing how different her behaviour was from my other cats meant i had her to the vet a lot. Each time i'd go they'd say "probably impacted, do this and this and this and go away for a week, if it doesn't improve come back and we'll give her an enema" so i'd take her away and do home treatment and mostly she would stop vomiting, one time she didn't and i took her back and they gave her an enema and found nothing there, so poor cat has a sedated enema for nothing. So all i found was a lot of expense and no real answers as to why my cat vomits so much. I'm not made of money and every trip would run me around $200- $300.

Is it any wonder she hates vets. Now if i take her they can't even do a physical exam, she gets incredibly violent ad was classified as a 2 star cat, so a danger to herself and others. She has almost a ptsd reaction to going to the vet, so i try to minimize that stress on her as much as possible. Which is why my vet now comes to the house and i pick up sedative before she comes and plan to sedate Mischa before the vet even gets there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Depending on your answers to these questions, I'd suggest that if you could get the vet to your place today or tomorrow - that would be way safer. Depending on your answers, this has the potential to be serious...but it might not be - but it's always best to be safe
I've left her a message, she has to get back to me about picking up a sedative so i can talk to her about maybe an earlier appointment, i think she's all booked up though. If i can manage her at home until Friday it would be better than trying to take her somewhere new. She really needs her teeth done so could this be a reaction to mouth pain?