View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3KittyMomma View Post
Good on ya, growler ! You're doing a grrrreat job !

Comments/queries - How long has Miss Duffy been on raw food? Was it difficult to switch her from her previous food(s)? I tried my crew on it some years ago, due to advertised health benefits, etc, and they point blank refused to eat it, even snuck in with their usual food.

Flax seeds for motility - will ask about that instead of Heavy Duty Med for same, for Susie.
Thanks Duffy's been on raw for about 8 months now we started around the end of November 2007. I had no problems at all for switching to raw, she had always gotten some human food treats - cooked meats, cheese so it was not completely foreign to her.

Ground flaxseed will help to coat the poop to make it easier to pass. She gets about 1/4 tsp organic butternut squash babyfood twice a day to help rebalance the water in the bowels, this helps soften the poop. I have also found a little extra organ meat also helps soften the poop - not too much otherwise its runny. Feelgood treats are lightly seared, the Lamb Liver is very popular with Duffy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3KittyMomma View Post
If you get to needing sub-q fluids (hope not , but the old Boy Scout motto is good - Be Prepared), you have my "user's guide to this particular galaxy", either on Duffy's site or on Susie's site, can't remember which, for future reference.

Your Doc Dobias is very wise - "the numbers" only give part of the story - most of the story you can see in Duffy's appearance, behaviour and habits. In any case, hope the numbers are favourable, when you have that done.

Take care ! 3KM
I did see that user guide Thank you I also have several CRF sites bookmarked.

Yes Dr. Dobias is great & Thanks for the good vibes on the numbers too.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying