Thread: Cat food change
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:19 AM

No, I guess I felt quite discouraged after Chaplin. I grew quite attached to him and it turned out he was somebody elses cat. And Chaplin had a collar on with my phone number and I let him go outside every day yet nobody called for two weeks! Chaplin seemed the most in need of a home too as he was the one meowing at my window for so long in the middle of the night (I think I made a post way back in December about him, although at that time I assumed he was a she in heat because he was meowing so loud!) Anyways the orange one is not usually around during the night like Chaplin was, so I think he has shelter somewhere. I guess I just felt kinda stupid after Chaplin, finding out he had a home after neutering and caring for him for a few weeks. I was thinking of adopting the orange one but have was quite hesitant given my previous experience.. I came to the conclusion I would probably just be "adopting" someone else's cat again.

Then I house sat for one of the rescuers last week and she had a kitten who somebody had put in a box and thrown out in the trash. I fell in love with her and decided to adopt her as I have made space in my home and heart for a cat, I just had no cat! Anyways, I have to admit I feel a little guilty about not being able to do more for the strays, but I also felt bad taking in and neutering a cat that had a home and I just didn't want to go through that again. Now I have a cat I can love and not wonder when she will go back home, because she is home! That being said I still feed the strays, and have built a shelter of Kayla's crate and some blankets for them. Chaplin still comes around for a visit too since I guess his owners have started letting him outside again. Soon I will be out of this aweful neighborhood and all the poor "stray" cats. It's hard feeling like there just isn't really anything I can do about it :sad:

Last edited by kayla; March 10th, 2006 at 09:21 AM.