View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Hubby said the vet told him Snoopy's BG was 14 point something.
Do you know how long after Snoopy's insulin shot this was? I'm very suspicious of vets who raise an insulin dose based on one bg number. It should only be done after a full "curve" (bg checked every couple of hours for 12 hours).

Quote:
The syringes I have do NOT have half-units...I was actually phoning around this afternoon inquiring at various pharmacies if they carried them. I'm housebound so cannot go to pick up a glucometer myself. I have to wait for hubby who has been swamped at work. He said he'll get one on Sunday (his only day off...he works 6 days a week). I could still give Snoop the 2.5 using the syringes I have for now. He's already had his insulin for tonight anyway but I won't try doing that until I hear back from you whether that is a good idea or not to guess at 2.5?
You could eyeball it, depending on how good your eyesight is! Or you could keep it at 2 units until your hubby gets that glucometer. I'm just so leary about raising the dose that much at once, especially now that Snoopy is on a better food.

Quote:
How are your babies doing? And...thank you AGAIN for sharing your knowledge with me and for being concerned enough to care!!! You are one in a million.
Thanks for asking! Aztec just had a check-up a few days ago and his blood work came back "fabulous" (vet's words).

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler