View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2016, 01:15 PM

Thanks for all the information. It's been great help. However, I felt timing was an essence and couldn't follow some of the suggestions as yet as I've been juggling between my cat, work, and my toddler.

I brought my cat to another vet (cat only), and she advised that my cat is almost certain that he does not have bone cancer, instead, just extreme stage of gingivitis and gum disease that requires him to remove all his teeth. The reasoning is the swelling is pretty equal around the mouth with extreme tar build up. It also looks to be infected according to her.

So what needs to be done is all his infected teeth need to be removed. She also did a physical and noted he has no food, and a very empty bladder, and his kidneys are very small. However, before any surgery, she wants to do a blood test first to make sure everything else is in check.

So today, the doctor gave me a call and there is elevated levels in his kidneys that would not allow her to perform the surgery with the drugs she needs to use. It will certainly cause his kidneys to fail. She needs to start the intravenous fluid therapy asap. She needs to help his kidneys first, before we can talk surgery on his mouth.

The costs are starting to balloon, and I'm at that stage whether is all this worth it. The vet has no guarantees and does not know how long this can buy him as every cat is different...